Thursday, October 06, 2005

death: a close encounter

Scenario: The rain was so heavy, its atmost 5-meter visibility (ok, im exaggerating) in coastal road. A damned, fucking shitty, asshole in a vti cut through me. I swerved to the the left, to keep myself away from an impending impact... and boom! a ten-wheeler cargo truck appeared in my right-side mirror...

Technique: Return to your lane, put on the brakes simultaneously for about a millisecond. Step on the gas but slow down a bit, let the truck pass, signal to the right, go to the shoulder lane, breathe breathe breathe, compose yourself and speed up and catch the modha-focka!!!

It will not work: If there's a car directly behind you, you're dead meat!!!

Regrets: I didn't catch the asshole's plate!!!

Moral: Don't drive at 160 in a hi-way, especially when it is raining hard.

Modified Moral: Don't drive at 160 in a hi-way if you are not racing for atleast 5T.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home